You are here:
Home > Real Estate Taxes > Ways to Pay
Ways to Pay
First Half 2016 Real Estate Taxes are due January 26, 2017.
For questions or concerns, please email: TREASCOMMENT@cuyahogacounty.us
Please be advised: The online and payment by phone options may not apply for parcels in a foreclosure or tax lien status. Please call: 216-443-7420 for additional information.
- By Mail: Detach the bottom portion of your tax bill and mail it with your payment. The check or money order should be made payable to the “CUYAHOGA COUNTY TREASURER.”
Please provide a parcel number for all payments submitted without a property tax bill and mail to:
Cuyahoga County Treasurer
P O Box 94547
Cleveland OH 44101-4547
Your envelope MUST be postmarked by the closing date of the tax collection in order to avoid penalties and interest.
- In Person: The Treasury is located in the Cuyahoga County Administrative Headquarters at 2079 East 9th Street. Cash, check, money order, credit card and debit card payments are accepted in the Cashier Department located on the first floor.
Additional fees are assessed for credit card (2.45% with a $3.95 minimum) and debit card payments ($3.95 flat fee, in-person).
Our normal business hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. On the final day of the tax collection, business hours are extended from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. To avoid penalty and interests, payment must be made on or before the closing date.
- Online: Payments made via electronic check, credit or debit card may be submitted from the Treasurer’s website. Electronic check payments are processed via US Bank, on behalf of the Treasury. You are NOT required to have an account with US Bank to submit an electronic check payment. There is no processing fee for electronic check payments.
To view and pay your tax bill using the Treasurer’s website, please click here.
Official Payments Corporation processes all credit and debit card transactions. To make a real estate tax payment using their website, please visit: www.OfficialPayments.com. The jurisdiction code for Cuyahoga County is 4501.
- Credit card fees are added at 2.45% with a $3.95 minimum.
- Debit card fees are added at 1% with a $1.00 minimum.
- By Phone: Debit card, MasterCard, Visa and Discover credit card payments may be made over the phone. Please call: 1-800-2PAYTAX (1-800-272-9829) and have the parcel number available to submit your payment. The Cuyahoga County jurisdiction code is 4501.
You may also call: 1-800-487-4567 (option #1, then option #3) to speak with a representative.
Standard fees as indicated for credit and debit card online payment(s) are applied.
- EasyPay Automatic Withdrawal: The EasyPay program is a convenient, affordable and secure way to pay your current tax bill. With your prior authorization, monthly, semi-annual or annual payments are automatically deducted from your checking or savings account. Call (216) 443-7420 or click here for more information.
- Key Bank Locations: During the First Half 2016 tax collection, Key Bank will be accepting payments at all of their Cuyahoga County branches, December 19, 2016 through January 19, 2017. All payments (check or money order only) must be processed for the entire amount of the tax bill and the customer must provide the original tax bill to process this payment over the counter.
- Drop Box: For your convenience, a tax payment drop box is available at the Cuyahoga County Administrative Headquarters and at the Cuyahoga County Auto Title locations listed below (NOT the BMV). The drop boxes are available throughout the entire tax collection. Payments are retrieved and processed, daily.
The drop box is used for check or money order payments only.
Cuyahoga County Administrative Headquarters
1st Floor - Lobby
2079 East 9th St
Cleveland OH 44115
Automobile Title, Southgate
2110 Southgate Park Blvd, Suite 101
Maple Heights OH 44137
Automobile Title, Parma
12100 Snow Road, Suite 15
Parma OH 44130
Automobile Title, North Olmsted
27029 Brookpark Road Extension
North Olmsted OH 44070
Automobile Title, Golden Gate
1585 Golden Gate Plaza
Mayfield Heights OH 44124
To contact an auto title location, please call: 216-443-7010.