You are here:
Home > Real Estate Taxes > Restoring Stability
Unable to pay your property taxes?
The Restoring Stability program may be able to help.
If you are a homeowner with a financial hardship and are having trouble paying your property taxes, you may be able to get help through Restoring Stability: A Save the Dream Ohio Initiative administered by the Ohio Housing Finance Agency (OHFA).
Am I Eligible?
You may be eligible for Restoring Stability if you can answer “yes” to the following questions:
Homeowners who meet one or more of the eligibility requirements listed above are encouraged to register for the Restoring Stability program.
What is the next step?
- Is your income 115 percent or less than the area median? (In Cuyahoga County $64,800 for a 1 to 2 person family, $74,520 for a 3 to 4 person family)
- Do you owe less than $432,500 on your mortgage, if any?
- Homeowners must have a valid hardship that took place within the past 36 months. A valid hardship is either an involuntary reduction in income (10 percent or more), or medical expenses more than 7.5 percent of your gross household income.
- Do you have less than six months of mortgage payments in cash or checking and savings accounts (excluding retirement accounts)?
- If you have filed bankruptcy in the past, has the bankruptcy been discharged?
Register online for Restoring Stability at: www.savethedream.ohio.gov
Call Restoring Stability toll-free at 888-404-4674
It is important that you complete the registration process and be referred to a counseling agency regardless of the fact that delinquent taxes are not mentioned.
Once you have registered for the Restoring Stability program you will be referred to a housing counseling agency that will help you complete your application and provide necessary documentation to support your application.